In this earth-friendly, organic guide, John Walker’s fresh approach encourages you to see garden weeds as more than simply unwelcome invaders in your flower borders, kitchen garden, allotment, greenhouse, polytunnel, patio, courtyard, containers, lawn, path or drive. Whatever your garden’s size, Weeds will help you identify, make use of and tackle the weeds you find there.
This accessible, illustrated and updated guide, with over 100 full colour photographs includes…
– Information on how different weeds grow, spread and survive, and what they can actually tell you about your garden or allotment
– Tips for using weeds to improve the fertility of your garden, feed your plants and encourage wildlife such as bees and other pollinators
– Practical, hands-on techniques for preventing, clearing and curtailing weeds without using chemical weedkillers (herbicides)
– A photographic directory to help you identify 60 common garden weeds, showing at-a-glance how easy, difficult or urgent dealing with each one is
– Lists of insect-friendly plants for ‘bug banks’, and those for weed-smothering ground cover
– Advice on clearing weedy ground without doing any back-breaking digging
Weeds is an essential and timeless go-to reference for every gardener’s bookshelf.
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.37(d)|
Table of ContentsContents; Welcome to the new edition; Foreword to the first edition; Introduction; 1. Weeds: one of nature's success stories; 2. Secrets of success: how weeds grow and spread; 3. Living with weeds; 4. Know your weeds; 5. Preventing, clearing and controlling weeds; Afterword; Glossary; Sources of useful information about weeds; Index; About the author; Acknowledgements; Did you enjoy Weeds and find it useful?; Other books by John Walker