Therapeutic Exercise: From Theory to Practice / Edition 1 available in Paperback
- Encompasses all of the content outlined in the NATA’s Educational Competencies and the knowledge and skills required to meet them.
- Emphasizes the selection of procedures, techniques, and exercises based on clinical findings and patient progress.
- Focuses on the science behind rehabilitation and the application of specific techniques in sports medicine.
- Develops critical-thinking and problem-solving skills with guided decision-making, chapter-specific cases studies, laboratory activities, and skill performance.
- Addresses the development of a thorough and well-constructed evaluation to develop a SOAP note that leads to an appropriate therapeutic exercise program.
- Features a consistent organization in each section, beginning with joint anatomy, joint biomechanics (normal mechanics and pathomechanics) and joint arthrokinematics and descriptions of injuries and dysfunctions with an emphasis on the typical patient’s problem list and rehabilitation goals…followed by exercises for each joint…and concluding with boxes addressing the needs of special population, relevant taping and bracing, and case studies.
- Includes laboratory activities and listings of clinical competencies/proficiencies to emphasize the relevance of each topic discussed in the chapter.
|Publisher:||F. A. Davis Company|
|Product dimensions:||8.40(w) x 11.00(h) x 1.50(d)|
Table of Contents
Unit 1. Concepts of Therapeutic Exercise & Rehabilitation
1. Introduction to Designing a Rehabilitation Program
2. Tissue Healing
3. Psychological Aspects of Rehabilitation
4. Range Of Motion
6. Joint Mobilization
8. Core Stability
11. Aerobic Conditioning
12. Aquatic Exercise
Unit 2. Rehabilitation of the Lower Extremity
14. Rehabilitation of the Foot & Ankle Complex
15. Rehabilitation of the Tibiofemoral Joint
16. Rehabilitation of the Patellofemoral Joint
17. Rehabilitation of the Hip, Thigh & Groin
Unit 3. Rehabilitation of the Spine
18. Rehabilitation of the Pelvis & Sacroiliac Joint
19. Rehabilitation of the Lumbar Spine
20. Rehabilitation of the Cervical & Thoracic Spine
Unit 4. Rehabilitation of the Upper Extremity
21. Rehabilitation of the Shoulder
22. Rehabilitation of the Elbow & Forearm
23. Rehabilitation & Injury Prevention in the Overhead Athlete
24. Rehabilitation of the Wrist & Hand