In this resource-rich book, you’ll find:
- All the planning and instructional tools you need to teach guided reading well, from pre-A to fluent, organized around Richardson’s proven Assess-Decide-Guide framework.
- Prompts, discussion starters, teaching points, word lists, intervention suggestions, and more to support all students, including dual language learners and struggling readers.
- 29 comprehension modules that cover essential strategiesmonitoring, retelling, inferring, summarizing, and many others.
- Plus an online resource bank with dozens of downloadable assessment and record-keeping forms, Richardson’s all-new, stage-specific lesson plan templates.
- More than 50 videos showing Jan modeling key parts of guided reading lessons for every stage.
|Product dimensions:||8.30(w) x 10.70(h) x 0.90(d)|
|Age Range:||5 - 13 Years|
About the Author
Jan Richardson, Ph.D. is an educational consultant based in Wisconsin who has trained thousands of teachers and works with schools and districts to ensure that every student succeeds in reading. Jan’s work is informed by her experience as a reading specialist, a Reading Recovery teacher leader, a staff developer, and a teacher of every gradeK–12.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
The Next Step Forward in Guided Reading: An Assess-Decide-Guide Framework for Supporting Every Reader based on 0 ratings. 1 reviews.
Excellent improvement on the best practice of guided reading instruction. Lessons adjust by reading level ranges to include appropriately, engaging student activities. My students' attitude towards small groups changed positively, but most importantly, their reading levels increased faster than any other format I've used.