The book tells about very ordinary people facing very ordinary events. We meet Naomi, who underwent hardship in famine and bereavement but eventually won peace and security. We meet Ruth, a young foreign woman from Moab who attached herself to her mother-in-law, Naomi, and to Naomi's God. And we meet Boaz, who by marrying Ruth fitted into God's purpose's for history. Both King David and Jesus are numbered among their descendants.
Theologically the story of
About the Author
Table of ContentsGeneral preface
IntroductionI The Tears
1. Going away - 1:1-7
2. Coming home - 1:8-22II The wings of refuge
3. Grace and gratitude - 2:1-13
4. A place in the family - 2:14-23III The kinsman-redeemer
5. The levir and the goel
6. Faith active in love - 3:1-18IV The redemption and the joy
7. Love beyond law - 4:1-12
8. We have a history - 4:13-22
'The Lord be with you'