If you're one of the millions Americans who are having trouble making your mortgage payments or are already in danger of foreclosure, this guide will give you the practical information you need, including:
- the ins and outs of foreclosure
- how to decide if you should try to keep your house
- federal programs to help you avoid foreclosure
- alternatives to foreclosure, such as short sales and deeds in lieu
- delaying or avoiding foreclosure with bankruptcy, and
- avoiding foreclosure scams.
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||3 MB|
About the Author
Amy Loftsgordon has worked in the area of foreclosure for over ten years. She received a B.A. from the University of Southern California and a law degree from the University of Denver Sturm College of Law. She is licensed to practice law in Colorado. Amy has authored numerous foreclosure articles on Nolo.com.
Table of ContentsYour Foreclosure Companion
1. Foreclosure: The Big Picture
2. Foreclosure Nuts and Bolts
3. Can You Keep Your House? Should You?
4. Negotiating a Workout
5. How Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Can Delay or Stop Foreclosure
6. How Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Can Delay or Stop Foreclosure
7. Fighting Foreclosure in Court
8. If You Decide to Leave Your House
9. How Long Can You Stay in Your House for Free?
10. Resources Beyond the Book