There's no place like home for brewing beer. In this book, you learn the secrets of the master brewers--and how you can brew you own beer yourself. Beginners and more experienced homebrewers alike will benefit from the expert tips and fresh ideas in this easy-to-follow, step-by-step guide. With this book, you learn how to:
- Choose among barley, hops, and malts.
- Master the chemistry of homebrewing.
- Take the appropriate cleaning and sanitizing steps.
- Adapt the best recipes to their personal tastes.
- Enter (and win!) beer competitions.
About the Author
Drew Beechum (Valley Village, CA) has been brewing for almost a decade and has won numerous medals for his beer. He was the president of the Maltose Falcons, America’s oldest homebrewing society, for four yearslonger than anyone else. Mr. Beechum also writes a monthly column for BeerAdvocate, the magazine on homebrewing and the culture surrounding it. He also writes several feature articles per year for Zymurgy, the journal of the American Homebrewers Association.