• Introduction: "Color and Art"
• The First Discoveries of Fluorescence and Luminescence: "1500 B.C. - 1750: From China to Benjamin Franklin"
• The First Fluorescent Paint: "Robert Switzer - "Day-Glo" Paint - 1933"
• The Miracle of Fluorescence: "1930s - 1950s"
• The Social Phenomenon of Fluorescence: "The 1960s Movement"
• The Greying of the Miraculous Fluorescent Rainbow: "Post 1960s - Social Stigma and
"Fluorophobia" / "Alba" the Green Fluorescent Rabbit and Transgenic Fluorescent Animals"
("Qu'est-il arrive au miracle?")
550 pages / 129 photographs
The author Nick Padalino bought his first Black Light and began experimenting with Fluorescent
"Poster Paints" in America as a young teenager in 1969, and in 1987 opened "Electric Lady"
Art Gallery with Michèle Delage in Amsterdam, where Fluorescent Art until the present day in
2017 is exhibited exclusively. In 1999 Nick Padalino and Michèle Delage opened
"Electric Ladyland - the First Museum of Fluorescent Art" in Amsterdam, and thirty years later they still operate both the Art Gallery and Museum.
"Electric Ladyland - the First Museum of Fluorescent Art" consists of a large Fluorescent
"Participatory" Environment which is entered into by visitors, and in which they experience
"Participatory Art." The Museum also contains hundreds of kilos of natural Colorless
Fluorescent Minerals from all over the world which burst into spectacular Colors under
Ultraviolet lamps, as well as displays of "Common Items that are Fluorescent"
and Ultraviolet artifacts dating back to 1915.
|Product dimensions:||8.50(w) x 11.00(h) x 1.11(d)|
About the Author