The most popular and trusted source of portable drug information since 1987.
Used by prescribers around the world, including physicians, pharmacists, nurses, physician assistants, dentists, and medical transcriptionists, the Tarascon Pocket Pharmacopoeia® 2019 Classic Shirt-Pocket Edition continues its tradition as the leading portable drug reference packed with vital drug information to help clinicians make better decisions at the point of care.
The Tarascon Pocket Pharmacopoeia® 2019 Classic Shirt-Pocket Edition details FDA approved drug dosing, available trade and generic formulations, metabolism, safety in pregnancy and lactation, relative drug pricing information, Canadian trade names, and an herbal & alternative therapies section. Multiple tables supplement the drug content, including opioid equivalency, emergency drug infusions, cardiac dysrhythmia protocols, pediatric drug dosing, and much more.
New to the 2019 Edition:
• Updated with new drug information
• New drugs reflect innovative trimester scheme for describing pregnancy and reproductive risk based on FDA's updated Pregnancy and Lactation Rule
• Outpatient pediatric drugs table revised to extend age ranges and reflect new recommendation that volume of liquid doses be measured only in mLs
• Renal dose adjustment symbol to indicate when a drug needs a dose adjustment or is contraindicated in renal insufficiency
• FDA guideline updates
• Removal of discontinued drugs and outdated dosing information
As always, each edition of the Tarascon Pharmacopoeia® is meticulously peer-reviewed by experts and is now available in multiple print, mobile, and digital formats. This resource is also available in a Deluxe Lab-Coat version.
|Product dimensions:||3.30(w) x 5.10(h) x 0.70(d)|
About the Author
Professor and Chair, Department of Emergency Medicine, Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Table of Contents
Part1 Analgesics Part2 Anesthesia Part3 Antimicrobials Part4 Cardiovascular Part5 Contrast Media Part6 Dermatology Part7 Endocrine and Metabolic Part8 ENT Part9 Gastroenterology Part10 Hematology/Anticogulants Part11 Herbal and Alternative Therapies Part12 Immunology Part13 Neurology Part14 OB/GYN Part15 Oncology Part16 Ophthamology Part17 Psychiatry Part18 Pulmonary Part19 Rheumatology Part20 Toxicology Part21 Urology Appendix Appendix