Style: Lessons in Clarity and Grace Plus Pearson Writer -- Access Card Package / Edition 12 available in Other Format
- Pub. Date:
NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's products exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. You may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
For courses in English and Writing.
This package includes Pearson Writer.
Emphasizes the importance of style in writing for a global audience
Style: Lessons in Clarity and Grace asserts that style is a matter of making informed choices in the service of one’s readers. While writers know best what they want to say, readers ultimately decide if they’ve said it well. This flagship text builds on that premise, with updates on subjects such as gender-neutral writing and writing for global audiences. It brings the authors’ innovative approach to the needs of today’s students, while maintaining that writing with style is a civic and ethical virtue.
Includes Pearson Writer
Pearson Writer is a revolutionary digital tool for writers at all levels. Built for mobile devices, it streamlines the tedious and time-consuming aspects of writing, so that students can focus on developing their ideas.
Pearson Writer makes it easy to stay organized, track tasks, and stay on top of writing projects. Students can set milestones prior to the due date, manage their sources, organize their notes visually in the Notebook, and even get automatic feedback on their prose. Pearson Writer is now available with Noteclipper, which allows students to save online sources quickly and easily.
Features of Pearson Writer:
- Writing, Grammar, and Research Guide is a go-to resource any time students have a question or need help.
- Automatic Writing Review checks prose for possible spelling, grammar, and style errors, while offering grammar lessons and suggestions for revising and editing.
- Citation Generator keeps track of every source throughout students’ research process and builds a bibliography in the background, taking care of those formatting details.
- Research Database and NoteClipper make searching for and managing source materials easier.
- Project Manager and Notebook help students stay on top of multiple projects and make organizing ideas and sources less cumbersome.
013415083X / 9780134150833 Style: Lessons in Clarity and Grace Plus Pearson Writer — Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 032197235X / 9780321972354 Pearson Writer — Standalone Access Card
- 0134080416 / 9780134080413 Style: Lessons in Clarity and Grace
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||5.60(w) x 8.40(h) x 0.60(d)|
Table of Contents
I. STYLE AS CHOICE
1. Understanding Style
5. Cohesion and Coherence
III. CLARITY OF FORM
8. Global Coherence
12. The Ethics of Style
Appendix I: Punctuation
Appendix II: Using Sources