Strategic Transformation and Information Technology: Paradigms for Performing while Transforming / Edition 1 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
- Prentice Hall
Focusing on the realities of global competition and the impact on businesses and information technology (I/T) and its organizations, this dynamic, progressive book highlights the significant changes in the competitive environment and within the enterprise, illustrating how each directly impacts I/T, and how I/T can impact the enterprise change mechanisms. Analyzes major uncertainties an enterprise must face and the resulting new business paradigms required for successful business transformation that imply new directions, responsibilities, and environments for I/T. Discusses the impact of new business paradigms and initiatives surrounding enterprise transformation, and the consequences for I/T applications and activities. Examines new responsibilities and roles of I/T, its accompanying change of charter and organizational infrastructure. Introduces a three phase Strategic Transformation methodology for planning. Identifies and discusses new business paradigms and the resulting change of I/T paradigms. For business and technology professionals.
Table of Contents
I. ASSESSING NEW MARKETPLACE DYNAMICS.
1. Global Tremors, Local Quakes.
II. ENABLING ENTERPRISE TRANSFORMATION WITH INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY.
2. Anywhere, Anytime Workplaces.
3. Information Empowerment.
4. Networked Enterprises.
5. Mass Customization.
III. EMERGING VENUES FOR I/T LEADERSHIP.
6. Standards, Service, and Quality Initiatives.
7. Business Process Redesign.
8. Organizational Restructuring and Transformation.
IV. TRANSFORMING I/T.
9. Expanding the I/T Charter.
10. Reengineering the I/T Infrastructure.
11. Delivering Business Value.
V. PLANNING I/T AND ENTERPRISE TRANSFORMATION.
12. Identifying Trends and Building Scenarios.
13. Creating a Transformational Planning Context.
14. Identifying New Value and Risk Criteria.
15. Developing New Justification and Measurement Philosophies.
VI. PERFORMING WHILE TRANSFORMING.
16. Discovering New Paradigms While Revisiting Revolutions.
APPENDIX I. COMMENTARY ARTICLES.
1. Assessing New Marketplace Dynamics.
2. Enabling Enterprise Transformation with I/T.
3. Emerging Venues for I/T Leadership.
4. Transforming I/T.
5. Planning I/T and Enterprise Transformation.
6. Performing While Transforming.
APPENDIX II. SAMPLE DESCRIPTIONSOF VALUE AND RISK CRITERIA.
Notes and Supplementary Readings.