Star Wars: The Making of Episode I is your exclusive entrée to the behind-the-scenes world where the wonders of the newest chapter in the Star Wars saga are brought to life by masters of movie-making magic. Join authors Laurent Bouzereau and Jody Duncan for a tour de Force through every fascinating facet of production on the dream project of the decade:
- A series of exclusive interviews with George Lucas as he discusses the genesis of the Star Wars story, from themes to scenes of dialogue
- The development of such classic characters as young Jedi student Obi-Wan Kenobi and R2-D2 plus intriguing newcomers Anakin Skywalker, Qui-Gon Jinn, Queen Amidala, and Jar Jar Binks
- The creation of new state-of-the-art creatures and special effects by the legendary Industrial Light & Magic team
- Pre-production: including editing, scoring, and combining computer generated effects with live-action footage
- Shooting in England, Italy, and Tunisia, with stars Liam Neeson, Ewan McGregor, and Natalie Portman
Lavishly illustrated throughout with hundreds of drawings and photographs, Star Wars: The Making of Episode I is the ultimate companion volume for fans of the film that launches the thrilling next phase in this exciting saga.
About the Author
Jody Duncan has authored dozens of articles on motion picture technology for Cinefex magazine, and has served as that publication's editor since 1992. She is also the author of many books on the making of major motion pictures, including The Making of The X-Files movie, The Making of The Lost World: Jurassic Park, The Making of Jurassic Park, and The Making of Terminator 2: Judgment Day. Her play, A Warring Absence, won a national playwriting award, and was produced in Los Angeles in 1994.