Newbery Honor-winning and #1 New York Times bestselling author Carl Hiaasenbeloved for his modern classics like Hoot and Chompdelivers a wildly entertaining novel involving snakes, grizzlies, a missing dad, a menacing drone, and more!
Some facts about Billy Dickens:
* He once saw a biker swerve across the road in order to run over a snake.
* Later, that motorcycle somehow ended up at the bottom of a canal.
* Billy isn't the type to let things go.
Some facts about Billy's family:
* They've lived in six different Florida towns because Billy's mom insists on getting a house near a bald eagle nest.
* Billy's dad left when he was four and is a total mystery.
* Billy has just found his dad's addressin Montana.
This summer, Billy will fly across the country, hike a mountain, float a river, dodge a grizzly bear, shoot down a spy drone, save a neighbor's cat, save an endangered panther, and then try to save his own father.
Carl Hiaasen tells a wickedly funny, slightly twisted tale about families, figuring out what's really important, and knowing when (and when not) to let things go.
|Publisher:||Random House Children's Books|
|Edition description:||B&N Exclusive Edition|
|Product dimensions:||5.60(w) x 7.70(h) x 1.20(d)|
|Age Range:||8 - 12 Years|
About the Author
Place of Birth:South Florida
Education:Emory University; B.A., University of Florida, 1974
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Was a good read where nature always prevails as the ultimate superhero as is usual in Carl Hiaasen wildly entertaining books.