Fortunately, there's Schaum's. This all-in-one-package includes more than 500 fully solved problems, examples, and practice exercises to sharpen your problem-solving skills. Plus, you will have access to 25 detailed videos featuring math instructors who explain how to solve the most commonly tested problems--it's just like having your own virtual tutor! You'll find everything you need to build confidence, skills, and knowledge for the highest score possible.
More than 40 million students have trusted Schaum's to help them succeed in the classroom and on exams. Schaum's is the key to faster learning and higher grades in every subject. Each Outline presents all the essential course information in an easy-to-follow, topic-by-topic format. Helpful tables and illustrations increase your understanding of the subject at hand.
This Schaum's Outline gives you
- 508 fully solved problems
- Information on frequency distribution, elementary probability theory, elementary sampling theory, statistical decision theory, and analysis of variance
- Concise explanation of all course concepts
Fully compatible with your classroom text, Schaum's highlights all the important facts you need to know. Use Schaum’s to shorten your study time--and get your best test scores!
Schaum's Outlines--Problem Solved.
About the Author
The Late MURRAY R. SPIEGEl received the M.S degree in Physics and the Ph.D. in Mathematics from Cornell University. He had positions at Harvard University, Columbia University, Oak Ridge and Rensselaer Polytechnic Insitute, and served as a mathematical consultant at several large Companies. His last Position was professor and Chairman of mathematics at the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Hartford Graduate Center. He was interested in most branches of mathematics at the Rensselaer polytechnic Institute, Hartford Graduate Center. He was interested in most branches of mathematics, especially those which involve applications to physics and engineering problems. He was the author of numerous journal articles and 14 books on various topics in mathematics.
Table of Contents1. Variables and Graphs
2. Frequency Distributions
3. The Mean, Median, Mode, and Other Measures of Central Tendency
4. The Standard Deviation and Other Measures of Dispersion
5. Moments, Skewness, and Kurtosis
6. Elementary Probability Theory
7. The Binomial, Normal, and Poisson Distributions
8. Elementary Sampling Theory
9. Statistical Estimation Theory
10. Statistical Decision Theory
11. Small Sampling Theory
12. The Chi-Square Test
13. Curve Fitting and the Method of Least Squares
14. Correlation Theory
15. Multiple Regression
16. Analysis of Variance
17. Nonparametric Tests
18. Analysis of Time Series
19. Statistical Process Control and Process Capability