Tough Test Questions? Missed Lectures? Not Enough Time?
Fortunately for you, there's Schaum's.
More than 40 million students have trusted Schaum's to help them succeed in the classroom and on exams. Schaum's is the key to faster learning and higher grades in every subject. Each Outline presents all the essential course information in an easy-to-follow, topic-by-topic format. You also get hundreds of examples, solved problems, and practice exercises to test your skills.
This Schaum's Outline gives you
- More than 570 fully solved problems
- Complete review of all course fundamentals
Fully compatible with your classroom text, Schaum's highlights all the important facts you need to know. Use Schaum's to shorten your study time--and get your best test scores!
Topics include: What is Pharmacology?; Medication Actions and Interactions; Pharmacology and the Nursing Process; Substance Abuse; Principles of Medication Administration; Route of Administration; Dose Calculations; Herbal Therapy; Vitamins and Minerals; Fluid and Electrolyte Therapy; Nutritional Support Therapies; Inflammation and Anti-Inflammatory Medication; Infection and Antimicrobials; Respiratory Diseases and Medication; The Neurologic System and Medication; Narcotic Agonists; Immunologic Agents; The Gastrointestinal System; Cardia Circulatory Medications; Skin Disorders; Endocrine Medications; and Eye and Ear Disorders
Schaum's Outlines--Problem Solved.
About the Author
James Keogh is on the faculty of St. Peter's College and Columbia University. He is the author of more than 60 books, including McGraw-Hill's Pharmacology Demystified and Microbiology Demystified.
Table of Contents
1. What is Pharmacology?
2. Medication Actions and Interactions
3. Pharmacology and the Nursing Process
4. Substance Abuse
5. Principles of Medication Administration
6. Route of Administration
7. Dose Calculations
8. Herbal Therapy
9. Vitamins and Minerals
10. Fluid and Electrolyte Therapy
11. Nutritional Support Therapies
12. Inflammation and Anti-Inflammatory Medication
13. Infection and Antimicrobials
14. Respiratory Diseases and Medication
15. The Neurologic System and Medication
16. Narcotic Agonists
17. Immunologic Agents
18. The Gastrointestinal System
19. Cardia Circulatory Medications
20. Skin Disorders
21. Endocrine Medications
22. Eye and Ear Disorders
Most Helpful Customer Reviews