Fortunately, there's Schaum's. This all-in-one-package includes more than 1,900 fully solved problems, examples, and practice exercises to sharpen your problem-solving skills. Plus, you will have access to 30 detailed videos featuring Math instructors who explain how to solve the most commonly tested problems--it's just like having your own virtual tutor! You'll find everything you need to build confidence, skills, and knowledge for the highest score possible.
More than 40 million students have trusted Schaum's to help them succeed in the classroom and on exams. Schaum's is the key to faster learning and higher grades in every subject. Each Outline presents all the essential course information in an easy-to-follow, topic-by-topic format. Helpful tables and illustrations increase your understanding of the subject at hand.
This Schaum's Outline gives you
- 1,940 fully solved problems
- Hundreds of additional practice problems with answers
- Coverage of all course concepts
Fully compatible with your classroom text, Schaum's highlights all the important facts you need to know. Use Schaum's to shorten your study time--and get your best test scores!
Schaum's Outlines--Problem Solved.
About the Author
Murray R. Spiegel, PhD, was a professor in and chairman of the mathematics department at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy, New York.
Robert E. Moyer, PhD, is a professor of mathematics at Southwest Minnesota State University in Marshall, Minnesota.
Table of Contents
1. Fundamental Operations with Numbers
2. Fundamental Operations with Algebraic Expressions
3. Properties of Numbers
4. Special Products
9. Simple Operations with Complex Numbers
10. Equations in General
11. Ratio, Proportion, and Variation
12. Functions and Graphs
13. Linear Equations in One Variable
14. Equations of Lines
15. Simultaneous Linear Equations
16. Quadratic Equations in One Variable
17. Conic Sections
18. Systems of Equations Involving Quadratics
20. Polynomial Functions
21. Rational Functions
22. Sequences and Series
24. Permutations and Combinations
25. The Binomial Theorem
29. Mathematical Induction
30. Partial Fractions