- Scheherazade, symphonic suite for orchestra, Op. 35
- May Night: Overture (Mayskaya noch'), for orchestra
- The Tale of Tsar Saltan (Skazka o Tsare Saltane), musical pictures (suite) for orchestra, Op. 57
- The Tale of Tsar Saltan (Skazka o Tsare Saltane), opera in 4 acts with a prologue: The flight of the bumblebee
- Russian Easter Festival Overture (Svetlïy pazdnik), for orchestra, Op. 36
- Christmas Eve Suite (Noch' pered rozhdestvom), for orchestra (with optional chorus ad lib)
- Dubinushka (The Little Oak Stick) (II), tone poem for orchestra and chorus ad lib, Op. 62
- Sadko: Musical Picture (iii, 1892 revision), tone poem for orchestra, Op. 5
- The Snow Maiden (Snegurochka), suite for orchestra
The musical context of this Ansermet re-issue is particularly full and ear-catching.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Rimsky-Korsakov: Scheherazade, Russian Easter Festival Overture, etc. based on 0 ratings. 1 reviews.
The only reason to consider this particular Rimsky-Korsakov collection over any other is the relatively hard-to-find "Christmas Eve" suite, and even then I'd recommend that you keep looking. This orchestra suffers from frequent intonation problems that get in the way of enjoying the music. There is also the obligatory botched trumpet entrance that plagues so many other recordings (disc 2, track 2, 15:32). The quality is a disappointment from a usually reliable major label.