The result of the author’s 30 years of teaching PLCs at two universities, Programmable Logic Controllers covers important and essential topics and skills a new PLC learner has to know and practice. Assuming the student knows nothing about the subject, it defines everything and features ample examples and breakdowns of important topics. Students taking PLC courses at two and four-year institutions will find this text especially useful. Additionally, it can be used by professionals in the fields of electrical control, automated systems, and manufacturing. Features
- Covers PLC programming for three popular PLC brands: Allen-Bradley PLCs, Siemens PLCs, and Mitsubishi PLCs.
- Includes all essential PLC topics including: Electrical control basics, Numbers , Logic basics and simplification, PLC program design, PLC systems, Basic programming instructions, Advanced programming instructions, Analog control, PID control, PLC programming languages (Ladder Diagram and Function Block Diagram),
- Provides many programming examples in each chapter.
- Features review questions at the end of each chapter.
- Offers PowerPoint slides for instructors.
|Publisher:||Industrial Press, Inc.|
|Edition description:||First Edition, Coursepack|
|Product dimensions:||8.00(w) x 10.00(h) x 1.10(d)|
|Age Range:||18 Years|
About the Author
Su-Chen Jonathon Lin is a Professor of Computer Engineering and Program Coordinator of Computer Engineering Technology at Eastern Michigan University. Professor Lin holds a Ph.D. in Engineering Mechanics and Industrial Education and has taught PLC’s for over 30 years. He has also written several books on CNC Programming, Mastercam, CAD/CAM and Smartcam.
Table of Contents
Introduction to Programmable Logic Controllers. Electrical Control Fundamentals. Number Systems and Codes. Logic Basics and Boolean Algebra. Simplifying Logic Circuits. State Combination Circuits Design. Logic Circuits Design Using State Diagram Method. PLC Memory and File Structure. Discrete Input Modules. Analog Input and Output Interface Modules. Basic Relay Instructions. Timer Instructions. Counter Instructions. Math, Comparison and Function Instructions. Program Control Instructions. Data Manipulation Instructions. High Speed Counter and Interrupt Instructions. Analog Input and Output Programming. Siemens S7-1200 PLC Programming. Advanced Siemens S7-1200 PLC Programming. Mitsubishi PLC Programming. Mitsubishi PLC Advanced Programming. Process Control Using PID Instructions. PLC Selection, Installation and Maintenance.
Students in community colleges and four-year universities.