Interviewing in today's fiercely competitive job market can seemlike walking through a minefield. New trends in corporate strategyand structure have led to dramatic changes in what employers lookfor in prospective employees and in the types of questions you willbe asked during an interview.
In this revised and expanded edition of their bestselling careerguide, two experienced counselors share their inside knowledgeand the expert advice of Fortune 500 recruiters to equip youwith the interviewing skills you need to land the job. Here's whereyou'll find:
* The key characteristics that leading companies look for inprospective employees and how to project them
* The fifty most frequently asked questions as well as detailedscripts of the best answers
* The Power Prep Strategy practice sessions to perfect yourinterview techniques
* Tips on positioning yourself during an interview how to conveyyour added value
* Strategies for power negotiating, overcoming differences with aninterviewer, narrowing your job search and much more.
|Edition description:||Revised and Expanded Edition|
|Product dimensions:||6.04(w) x 9.02(h) x 0.78(d)|
About the Author
NEIL YEAGER, Ed.D., is a partner in the Charter Oak Consulting Group, an organizational development company. His other books include CareerMap (Wiley). LEE HOUGH is President of the Document Team, a career development firm.
Table of Contents
The Basics of Power Interviewing.
The Winning Profile: The Seven Key Evaluation Factors.
Winning Answers to Key Questions.
The Key Business Trends for the 21st Century.
Winning the Interviewer: How to Read, Impress, and Win Over theDecision Makers.
Choosing a Work Style: Finding the Right Places to Interview.