The ideal "how-to" book!
- Innovative ideas to increase critical thinking
- Practical guidelines for family interviewing
- Clinical tools, skills and examples
Harness the power of the nurse-family relationship!
Use the thoroughly revised Calgary Family Assessment and Intervention Models to assess families effectively and know when and how to intervene to reduce suffering and promote health.
From theory to practice...polish the skills you need to...
- Use questions in family interviewing more effectively
- New Chapter - How to Use Questions in Family Interviewing
- Consider issues of diversity, such as:
- Ethnicity, race, culture, sexual orientation, gender, and socioeconomic class
- Assist families to manage complex health, social, and emotional problems such as genetics, terrorism, obesity, unemployment, etc.
- Conduct a fifteen minute (or shorter) family interview
- Avoid the three most common errors in family nursing
- Create genograms for families with multiple unions, parents and siblings
- Prepare, conduct, terminate and document family interviews
|Publisher:||F. A. Davis Company|
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 8.90(h) x 0.90(d)|
Table of Contents
Family Assessment and Intervention: An Overview
- Theoretical Foundations of the Calgary Family Assessment and Intervention Models
- The Calgary Family Assessment Model
- The Calgary Family Intervention Model
- Family Nursing Interviews: Stages and Skills
- How to Prepare for Family Interviews
- How to Conduct Family Interviews
- How to Use Questions in Family Interviewing
- How to Do a 15-Minute (or Shorter) Family Interview
- How to Avoid the Three Most Common Errors in Family Nursing
- How to Document Family Interviews
- How to Terminate with Families