Modelling Control Systems Using IEC 61499. Applying function blocks to distributed systems available in Hardcover
- Pub. Date:
- Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET)
New technologies and standards are emerging which will have a dramatic effect on the design and implementation of future industrial control systems. This book provides a concise yet thorough introduction to the main concepts and models defined in the IEC 61499 standard and particularly the use of function blocks.
About the Author
Robert W. Lewis is an engineering safety consultant for Atkins and was formerly a UK expert on two IEC working groups defining new standards for industrial control software, covering distributed control systems (IEC 61499) and PLC software (IEC 61131).
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: IEC 61499 models and concepts
- Chapter 3: Defining function block and subapplication types
- Chapter 4: Service Interface function blocks
- Chapter 5: Event function blocks
- Chapter 6: Industrial application examples
- Chapter 7: Future development