Get started with MintDuino, the Maker Shed kit that's perfect for learning or teaching the fundamentals of how microcontrollers work. This hands-on book shows you how to build a complete MintDuino project from start to finish. Learn how to assemble the microcontroller on a breadboard (no soldering required), and immediately begin programming it.
You'll build the MintDuino Reflex Game in five separate stages or sub-tasks. Breaking down a large project into manageable tasks helps you track down errors quickly, and lets you see how each part of the circuit works. Once you complete the game, you'll have the resources and experience to tackle more MintDuino projects. If you’re interested in the fascinating world of microcontrollers, you'll enjoy this book.
- Wire up and program the MintDuino to light an LED
- Build a game that tests the reflexes of two players
- Learn how to make your “game light” glow at random intervals
- Construct a pushbutton circuit to control individual players’ LEDs
- Put all of the components together, including simple code to control your game
|Publisher:||Maker Media, Inc|
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||5 MB|
About the Author
Jim Kelly was accepted into the LEGO MINDSTORMS Developer Program (MDP) in early 2006 and helped to beta test the LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT kit and software. He is a member of the MINDSTORMS Community Partners, a group that continues to assist LEGO with testing and growing the NXT product.