Focusing on the integrated understanding of the role of systems within the business, organizationally and strategically, this book demonstrates theory by including extensive business examples, and by ending each chapter with international case studies. Topics covered include:
- the nature of organizations
- management roles and functions
- information as a resource
- systems approaches
- different information systems and what they can achieve
- structural and cultural fit and information systems
- change management and information systems
- strategic business and information systems management.
Combining readability with theoretical concepts, this book is suitable for both advanced undergraduate and MBA/Masters students.
|Publisher:||Taylor & Francis|
|Product dimensions:||6.75(w) x 9.75(h) x 0.70(d)|
About the Author
Adrienne Curry is Senior Lecturer in Management Science at the University of Stirling. Peter Flett is Lecturer in Management Science at the University of Stirling. Ivan Hollingsworth is an Information Systems Consultant.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction 2. Introducing Organisations and Information 3. Management and Decision-making 4. The Systems Approach to Organisational Problem-solving 5. Information Systems and Their Uses 6. IS and Organisational Fit 7. IS and Organisational Change 8. Information Systems and Business Strategy Overview Case Study