The Machinery's Handbook, 30th Edition, CD-ROM contains the complete contents of the print edition, presented in Adobe PDF format. This popular and well-known format allows viewing and printing of pages that are identical to those of the printed book, includes the ability to magnify the view of any page, and permits rapid searching of the entire Machinery’s Handbook. Navigation aids in the form of thousands of clickable bookmarks, page cross references, and index entries take you quickly to any page referenced. In addition to the full print edition, the Machinery’s Handbook CD-ROM also includes almost 1,000 pages of additional data, mostly material that was published in previous print editions but subsequently removed due to space restrictions. This includes additional indexes of the entire content, expanded tables of popular content, original material on many topics from previous print editions, and the entire contents of the companion book Machinery’s Handbook, 30th Edition, Guide.New to the 30th Edition:
- Expanded metrology section, including v-blocks and micrometer, vernier, and dial calipers.
- New fluid power section covering pneumatic,hydraulic, and vacuum theory and applications.
- New powder metallurgy section, including additive manufacturing.
- Even more useful specs, including tap drill sizes for Unified threads, reaming allowances for drilling, mesh and grit sizes, rules for figuring tapers, and assembly with pins and studs.
- Recently added information on sheet metal and presses, keys and keyways, shaft alignment, taps and tapping, helical coil screw thread inserts, metric screw threads, miniature screws, fluid mechanics, solid geometry, statistics, calculating hole coordinates and thread dimensions, and distinguishing between bolts and screws.
- Many thoroughly reworked and renovated sections throughout.
- Comprehensive tables of contents at the beginning of each section and extensive indexing.
- Hundreds of new and thousands of refined and redone illustrations and equations.
- Updated standards.
- Expanded metric content.
|Publisher:||Industrial Press, Inc.|
|Edition description:||Thirtieth Edition|
|Product dimensions:||5.40(w) x 7.50(h) x 3.50(d)|
About the Author
Erik Valdemar Oberg, born 1881, died 1951.
Table of Contents
Mathematics • Mechanics and Strength of Materials • Properties, Treatment, and Testing of Materials • Dimensioning, Gaging, and Measuring • Tooling and Toolmaking • Machining Operations • Manufacturing Processes • Fasteners • Threads and Threading • Gears, Splines, and Cams • Machine Elements • Measuring Units • Index • Index of Standards • Index of Materials • Additional on the CD: Guide to Machinery's Handbook, 30th Edition.