This book covers:
• The reality of work as a mother-baby professional
• The six flames that can destroy your passion - individual stress, secondary stress, vicarious trauma, compassion fatigue, burnout, and depression
• How empathy affects your work
• How who you are, what work you do, and your sphere of influence impacts how stress affects you.
• Life strategies to eliminate stress
• A personal self-care plan for home and work
If you love your work, but are stressed and/or burned out and want a balanced life, this book can help! Find out how Micky Jones found her way back to the balanced life she loves and how you can employ her techniques to make your life better.
Micky Jones has given us a heartfelt, sensible guide that will become a very necessary addition to every doula library, as well as all midwifery and doula education programs.
Barbara Harper, RN, CLD, CCCE, DEM
Author of Gentle Birth Choices
Keep the Fires Burning is a delightfully well-written and practical guide for anyone who works with mothers and babies.
Kathleen Kendall-Tackett PhD., IBCLC, FAPA
Author, The Hidden Feelings of Motherhood