How do I teach my child about sex? Busy parents like you long for help, hints, and solid strategies to enable their kids to learn the importance of a healthy view of relationships and sex. From how to handle the big talk to learning how boys and girls are made differently, I Want to Teach My Child About Sex offers clear, concise information about the often difficult to discuss topic of sex plus tips, lists, charts, questions, and practical, interactive suggestions for helping your child...
- Learn that our bodies are gifts from God.
- Discover the importance of respecting our bodies.
- Understand that sex affects our lives and relationships.
- Realize that sex has consequences for everyone involved.
- Explore why respect is key in loving relationships.
About the Author
Karl Wendt, PhD, is the director of Mt. Hope Christian Counseling Center in Joplin, Missouri, and the Family Life director for the Mt. Hope Church of Christ. He is also an instructor in Psychology at Ozark Christian College. Shannon Wendt is the director of the Connection Institute with LifeChoices Medical Clinic for Women in Joplin, Missouri, where she trains presenters to go into local schools and teach an abstinence-only sex-ed program, "Virtuous Reality: Love Education."