HR from the Heart is a book for HR practitioners who love their jobs -- or want to. Libby Sartain, one of the country's top human resources executives, reveals how HR professionals create a synergy between business objectives and the needs and wants of employees. This inspiring book is equal parts motivational message and how-to, confessional and career guide. Filled with stories from Sartain's considerable experience, HR from the Heart offers a first-hand perspective on forging relationships, selling HR to the company, taking diversity beyond "by the book," keeping policy in perspective, and more -- all while making the right career moves, staying engaged, and forwarding the strategic goals of the company.
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 8.90(h) x 0.70(d)|
|Age Range:||17 Years|
About the Author
Libby Sartain (Woodside, CA) is senior vice president of human resources at Yahoo! and was previously vice president of people at Southwest Airlines, consistently ranked among the best places to work in America. Martha I. Finney (Los Gatos, CA) is a veteran HR journalist, consultant, and author whose books include In the Face of Uncertainty (0-8144-7161-7).
Table of Contents
"Foreword by Susan R. Meisinger, President, Sciety for Human Resource Management
1. What’s Love Got to Do With It?
2. The Sacred Trust That is HR
3.Six Essential Ingredients of Every Great HR Career
4. Sure It Looks Great, But Does It Fit?
5. Not Everyone Will President of Your Fan Club
6. Great Relationships Are More About What You Give Than About What You Get.
7. Pull Up a Chair (How to Know You’re Really Ready for a Seat at the Table)
8.. And Have a Seat (What to Do Once You Finally Get There!)
9. From the Heart Doesn’t Mean From the Bleeding Heart
10. Know Your Stuff and Know That You Know Your Stuff (And Don’t Let Anyone Tell You Otherwise)
11. Just Because They’re The Experts Doesn’t Make Them More Right Than You
12. Question Authority
13. Start Your Own Hole-In-the-Wall Gang
14. The Dais of Our Lives
15. Can This Marriage Be Saved?
16. How to Know When It’s Time to Leave
17. How to Get a Job That Is Far Better that the One You Wanted
18. Is That New Job You’re Considering in an HR-Friendly Company?
19. Welcome Abroad! (And Watch Your Step!)
20. It’s About People, Not Widgets!
21. The Nuts and Bolts of the Talent Machine
22. HR Does Not Create Culture
23. Internal Branding: The Enchanting Power of the People Promise
24. The Power of People to Make Your HR Branding Work
25. Who Is Really HR’s Customer?
26. How to Make Your Company a Great Customer Service Company
27. Eight Ways to Sell the Value of Your Department
28. The Truth Behind Those Best Employers Lists: This Ain’t No Beauty Contest!
29. Congratulations!You May Have Already Won!
30. Show Them The Money
31. Using Benefits to Build Relationships
32. Rewards, Recognition, Fun: The Triple Crown of Employee Engagement
33. Managing Expectations
34. Soothing the Savage Skeptic
35. The Most Important HR Policy: Throw Out the Policy Manual
36. Diversity Should Be From the Heart, Not Just By the Book
37. Use Your People Expertise to Create Successful Mergers and Acquistions
38. In the Unlikely Event of an Emergency
39. Judgement Day Made Simple and Painless
40. Parting Company
41. The Time to Plan for Layoffs Is Before You Do the Hiring
42.. And Then Someone Said, "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished"
43. You Are the Keeper of the HR Ethics
44. Conclusion: How Do We Get There From Here?"