When you’ve been hurt in an accident, the prospect of dealing with insurance companies and lawyers can feel daunting. But armed with the right strategy, you can handle a claim yourselfand save thousands of dollars in the process.
How to Win Your Personal Injury Claim guides you through the insurance claim process, step by step. After almost any kind of accident, you’ll learn how to:
- figure out what your claim is worth
- gather the right medical records and accident reports
- prepare an effective demand letter
- counter insurance company delay and other common tactics
- negotiate your way to a full and fair settlement, and
- stay on top of your case if you hire a lawyer.
This completely updated edition of How to Win Your Personal Injury Claim includes the latest state-by-state lawsuit filing deadlines and small claims court limits.
|Edition description:||Tenth Edition|
|Product dimensions:||7.00(w) x 8.90(h) x 1.00(d)|
About the Author
Table of ContentsIntroduction
Your Personal Injury Companion
1. Handling Your Personal Injury Claim
2. Whose Fault Is It? How Legal Responsibility Is Determined
3. Initial Steps in Settling Your Claim
4. Understanding Insurance Coverage
5. How Much Is Your Claim for Injuries Worth?
6. Processing Your Claim
7. Property Damage Claims
8. Negotiating a Settlement
9. Finalizing Your Settlement
10. The Last Resorts: Lawyers, Arbitration, and Courts
11. Working With a Lawyer