Get up and running smoothly on your iBook using this detailed, reader-friendly guide. Create great looking reports and documents, manage your finances, communicate via e-mail, track your schedule, and even run a small business-using just the tools bundled with the iBook. Expert author Todd Stauffer explains how to install and run applications, access the Internet via the AirPort wireless networking card, and troubleshoot common problems. This is the perfect companion for every iBook user!
Inside, learn to:
- Master Mac OS 8.6 and Mac OS 9
- Connect to the Internet with the AirPort wireless networking card
- Integrate your iBook into an existing network and network multiple iBooks together
- Send and receive e-mail and browse the World Wide Web
- Perform targeted searches with Sherlock 2
- Manage your finances with Quicken
- Manage your schedule and contacts with Palm Desktop
- Play games and access the World Book Encyclopedia
- Troubleshoot and maintain a virus-free iBook
About the Author:
Todd Stauffer is the author or co-author of twenty computer books, including How to Do Everything with Your iMac. He is a contributing editor for MacCentral.com and co-host of the Emmy award-winning Disk Doctors television program.
Table of ContentsPart I: Get Started.
Chapter 1: Welcome to iBook.
Chapter 2: Get Acquainted with iBook.
Chapter 3: Manage Your files with the Finder.
Chapter 4: Pull Down the Apple Menu.
Chapter 5: Work with Applications and the Applications Menu.
Chapter 6: Search for Things.
Chapter 7: Get Some Help.
Part II: Get Things Done.
Chapter 8: Create Printed Documents.
Chapter 9: Work with Numbers and Build Charts.
Chapter 10: File Information and Ideas with Databases.
Chapter 11: Paint, Draw, and Create Presentations.
Chapter 12: Use AppleWorks for Layout.
Chapter 13: Movies, Sounds, and Images.
Chapter 14: Track Your Schedule and Contacts.
Chapter 15: Play Games and Learn Things with IBook.
Part III: Get Online.
Chapter 16: Manage Your E-Mail.
Chapter 17: Surf with Internet Explorer and Netscape.
Chapter 18: Download, Back Up, and Transfer Online.
Chapter 19: Get on America Online.
Chapter 20: Cutomize the Internet and Go Faster.
Part IV: Cutomize Your iBook.