Appealing to a wide audience, this ground-breaking handbook takes an in-depth look at soccer match analysis, highlighting the latest in match analysis research and the innovative technologies now being used by professional soccer clubs around the world.
Bridging the gap between research, theory and practice, these methods can be used by coaches, sport scientists and fitness coaches to assess and improve:
- styles of play, technical ability and physical fitness
- objective performance feedback to players
- the development of specific training routines
- use of available notation software, video analysis and manual systems
- understanding of current academic research in soccer notational analysis.
This is the first book to focus exclusively on football, and is based on the authors' extensive experience in academic and professional match analysis.
|Publisher:||Taylor & Francis|
|Product dimensions:||6.75(w) x 9.75(h) x 0.50(d)|
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Soccer Match Analysis 2. Developing a Manual Notation System 3. Video and Computerized Match Analysis Technology 4. General Advice on Analyzing Match Performance 5. Analysis and Presentation of the Results 6. Motion Analysis and Consequences for Training 7. What Match Analysis Tells Us about Successful Strategy and Tactics in Soccer 8. From Technical and Tactical Performance Analysis to Training Drills 9. The Future of Soccer Match Analysis