- The leaning tower of Pisa and the ruins of Pompeii
- Olive groves, ancient hill towns, and Roman country retreats
- The legendary beauty of pastoral Tuscany and the vineyards of the gentle Veneto
- Florence, cradle of the Renaissance
- The hidden charms of Ancona and the Marches region
- The heel of the boot: Grecian ruins, Byzantine cathedrals, and port towns
- And much, much more!
- 25 distinctive, easy-to-use itinerariesall fully illustrated with beautiful full-color photos
- Exact directions, distances, and driving times for each route
- All the sights along the waywith highlights for history buffs, nature lovers, and families traveling with kids
- Scenic side trips, special moments, and recommended walks
- Detailed, accurate full-color route-planning maps
Table of ContentsRoute Map of Italy.
About This Book.
Piedmont, Lombardy, Emilia-Romagna, Veneto.
Tour 1: The Foot of the Mountains.
Tour 2: Of Alps, Lakes & Plain.
Tour 3: La Grassa the Fat' Country.
Tour 4: Of Mosaics, Sun & Sea.
Tour 5: The Gentle Véneto.
Tour 6: Beyond Venice Inland Véneto.
Liguria & Tuscany.
Tour 7: The Ligurian Hilltowns.
Tour 8: The Riviera di Levante.
Tour 9: Treasures of Tuscany.
Tour 10: The Cradle of the Renaissance.
Umbria & The Marches.
Tour 11: The Green Heart of Italy.
Tour 12: Italy's Best Kept Secret.
Tour 13: The Northern Marches.
Lazio, Campania, Abruzzo.
Tour 14: The Apennines & the Adriatic.
Tour 15: Abruzzo the Remote Interior.
Tour 16: Roman Country Retreats.
Tour 17: The Roman Countryside.
Tour 18: In the Shadow of Vesuvius.
Tour 19: Small Cities of Campania.
Calabria, Basilicata, Puglia.
Tour 20: The Toe of the Boot.
Tour 21: The Highlands of Calabria.
Tour 22: Forgotten Basilicata.
Tour 23: Ancient Puglia.
Tour 24: The Heel of Italy.
Tour 25: The Gargano Peninsula.
Index & Acknowledgements.