Essentials of Ophthalmology available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
- Elsevier Health Sciences
This book is a general introduction to ophthalmology for medical students, residents, or any health professional who requires a reference for the core information in ophthalmology. The Medical Student's Guide to Ophthalmology, combines critical ophthalmic knowledge with high-quality, color images and drawings. Organized according to the ocular structures and components of the eye exam rather than categories of disease to make it practical and a key learning tool.
• High quality, accurate photos for a clear portrayal of detailed ophthalmic structures.
• Balanced, introductory text that is not too detailed like a specialist text, but not too superficial like prevailing student books.
• Organized according to the ocular structures and components of the eye exam, not by disease.
• Presents key information, such as hints on diagnosis, management and treatment, in easy-to-read format.
• Lists key diagnosis possibilities for the most common presentations for easy reference.
• Multiple choice questions for exam review and self assessment.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Product dimensions:||8.50(w) x 10.80(h) x 0.60(d)|
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Ocular Anatomy, Physiology, and Embryology
Chapter 2: Basic Optics
Chapter 3: Ocular Pharmacology
Chapter 4: The Eye Exam
Chapter 5: Neuro-ophthalmology
Chapter 6: Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus
Chapter 7: Orbit
Chapter 8: Lids and Adnexa
Chapter 9: Conjunctiva
Chapter 10: Sclera
Chapter 11: Cornea
Chapter 12: Anterior Chamber
Chapter 13: Glaucoma
Chapter 14: Iris
Chapter 15: Lens
Chapter 16: Vitreous
Chapter 17: Retina
Appendix: Differential Diagnosis of Common Ocular Symptoms