Take the mystery out of digital photography and join the fun!
You don't need to be a professional photographer or a technology expert to take great digital photos! This down-to-basics guide makes it easy to choose the right camera, understand all its dials and controls, take good pictures, make them look even better with your computer, and print them or share them online for friends and family to enjoy.
- Do your homework compare camera features to choose those you need at the price you can afford
- Practice, practice, practice learn to use camera settings, how to compose good shots, and how light affects a picture
- The darkroom is now digital use free software to organize and edit your photos
- Learn to share print your pictures at home or through a service, e-mail them to friends, set up an online photo album, or show them off in a digital picture frame
Open the book and find:
- How to pick the camera that best fits your budget and needs
- Tips for taking great travel photos
- Accessories you might want for your camera
- How to get really good pictures of kids and pets
- Easy ways to get photos from your camera to your computer
- Tips and tricks for editing pictures on a computer
- Good reasons for putting your pictures online
About the Author
Mark Justice Hinton teaches computer classes for the University of New Mexico Division of Continuing Education as well as digital photography classes. He is also the author of PC Magazine Windows Vista Solutions. Mark maintains a tech help blog at www.mjhinton.com/help.
Table of Contents
Part I: Getting Started with Your Digital Camera.
Chapter 1: Buying a Digital Camera.
Chapter 2: Taking Your First Photos.
Chapter 3: Using Your Camera’s Setup Menus.
Part II: Taking Better Digital Photos.
Chapter 4: Following Basic Guidelines.
Chapter 5: Taking Photos of People, Animals, and Flowers.
Chapter 6: Taking Photos of Places and Scenery.
Chapter 7: Using Manual Controls.
Part III: Editing Photos in the Digital Darkroom.
Chapter 8: Moving Photos from Your Camera to Your Computer.
Chapter 9: Organizing Your Photos.
Chapter 10: Touching Up and Fixing Your Photos.
Chapter 11: Fine-Tuning a Photo.
Part IV: Showing Off Your Photos.
Chapter 12: Printing Photos at Home.
Chapter 13: Using a Printing Service.
Chapter 14: Sharing Photos on the Internet.
Chapter 15: Enjoying Digital Picture Frames.
Chapter 16: Having Fun with Your Photos.