Buy anew versionof this Connected Casebook and receiveaccessto theonline e-book,practice questionsfrom your favorite study aids, and anoutline toolon CasebookConnect, the all in one learning solution for law school students. CasebookConnect offers you what you need most to be successful in your law school classes – portability, meaningful feedback, and greater efficiency.
Constitutional Law: Cases, Materials, and Problems, Fourth Editionuses a thought-provoking problem approach that encourages students to delve deeper into constitutional doctrine and gives them an accessible and interesting way to learn constitutional issues. Problems at the beginning of each chapter are referenced throughout the text for continuity. Principal constitutional law cases are edited as lightly as possible to allow the Supreme Court to speak for itself, and shorter notes accompany the problems.
- Updated to address recent U.S. Supreme Court decisions, including: Susan B. Anthony List v.Driehaus(2014);NLRB v. Canning(2014);Texas v. United States(2016);Zivotofskyv. Kerry(2015);Shelby County, Ala. v. Holder(2013);Puerto Rico v. Sanchez Valle(2016);McBurneyv. Young(2013);Koontzv. St. Johns River Water Management District(2013);Hollingsworth v. Perry(2013);United States v. Windsor(2013);Obergefellv. Hodges(2015);Whole Woman’s Health v.Hellerstedt(2016);Fisher v. University of Texas at Austin(2016);Agency for International Development v. Alliance for OpenSociety International, Inc.(2013);Reed v. Town of Gilbert(2015);John Walker, III v. Texas Division, Sons Of ConfederateVeterans, Inc.(2015);Burwellv. Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc.(2014);Zubikv.Burwell(2016).
- Revised Notes and Question address all scholarly perspectives on the constitutional issues presented and provide starting points for classroom discussion about the social, political, and doctrinal ramifications of the Supreme Court’s decisions.
- OnlineRoadmap and Points to Remember Sectionsdistillthe significance for the various decisions, provide students with key takeaways on constitutional doctrine, and offer guidance on how seemingly discrete issues of constitutional law fit together.
ONLINE E-BOOK Law school comes with a lot of reading, so access your enhanced e-book anytime, anywhere to keep up with your coursework. Highlight, take notes in the margins, and search the full text to quickly find coverage of legal topics.
PRACTICE QUESTIONS Quiz yourself before class and prep for your exam in the Study Center. Practice questions fromExamples & Explanations,Emanuel Law Outlines,Emanuel Law in a Flashflashcards, and other best-selling study aid series help you study for exams while tracking your strengths and weaknesses to help optimize your study time.
OUTLINE TOOL Most professors will tell you that starting your outline early is key to being successful in your law school classes. The Outline Tool automatically populates your notes and highlights from the e-book into an editable format to accelerate your outline creation and increase study time later in the semester.
Table of Contents
- Judicial Review
- National Legislative Power
- The Federal Executive Powers
- State Power to Regulate Commerce
- Dual Federalism: The Relationship between the States and the Federal Government
- State Action
- Procedural Due Process
- Substantive Protection of Economic Interests
- Substantive Due Process: Modern Fundamental Rights
- Equal Protection
- Freedom of Speech
- The Religion Clauses