Child, Family, and Community: Family-Centered Early Care and Education with Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card Package / Edition 7 available in Other Format
- Pub. Date:
This item is available online through Marketplace sellers.
NOTE: Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Enhanced Pearson eText may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
This package includes the Enhanced Pearson eText and the bound book.
With its focus on the socialization of the child, this book helps readers understand how the child develops in a variety of contexts, including the family, community, and early childhood institutions. Child, Family, and Community gives readers the tools they need to work effectively with both children and parents in ways that support children to be healthy, secure, and socialized members of their families, and eventually society. Guidance strategies are presented, as well as child rearing strategies that parents, parent educators and other professionals and practitioners can put to immediate use. The author relates the many contexts in which the child exists–family, school, and community–to Bronfenbrenner’s ecological systems theory, which divide’s a person's environment into five different levels: the microsystem, the mesosystem, the exosystem, the macrosystem, and the chronosystem. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded video and assessments.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.*
- Affordable. The Enhanced Pearson eText may be purchased stand-alone or with a loose-leaf version of the text for 40-65% less than a print bound book.
* The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
0134290046 / 9780134290041 Child, Family, and Community: Family-Centered Early Care and Education, Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 0134042271 / 9780134042275 Child, Family, and Community: Family-Centered Early Care and Education
- 0134115635 / 9780134115634 Child, Family, and Community: Family-Centered Early Care and Education, Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card
About the Author
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 The Child in Context of Family and Community 2
Chapter 2 Supporting Families around Issues of Attachment and Trust 22
Chapter 3 Supporting Families with Autonomy-Seeking Youngsters 44
Chapter 4 Sharing Views of Initiative with Families 72
Chapter 5 Working with Families of School-Age Children 98
Chapter 6 Societal Influences on Children and Families 124
Chapter 7 Understanding Families’ Goals, Values, and Culture 150
Chapter 8 Working with Families on Guidance Issues 172
Chapter 9 Working with Families on Addressing Feelings and Problem Solving 194
Chapter 10 Working with Families to Support Self-Esteem 218
Chapter 11 Working with Families around Gender Issues 242
Chapter 12 Stress and Success in Family Life 262
Chapter 13 Early Care and Education Programs as Community Resources 284
Chapter 14 Supporting Families Through Community Resources and Networks 308
Chapter 15 Social Policy Issues 326