Business Math Using Calculators: With 10-Key Computer-Assisted Instruction / Edition 1 available in Other Format
- Pub. Date:
KEY BENEFIT: This book includes business math theory and ten-key instruction with speed building, as well as instruction in the procedures for using 3 types of machines: the pocket calculator, desktop calculator and Windows computer calculator. KEY TOPICS: Comprehensive business math theory, pocket and desktop calculator usage, and 10-key speed and accuracy development on the desktop calculator are included. MARKET: Anyone dealing with business or personal finance, such as an office manager.
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.20(w) x 10.80(h) x 1.00(d)|
Table of Contents
I. ARITHMETIC OPERATIONS.
1. Numbers and Calculators.
2. Addition, Grand Total.
3. Subtraction, Subtotals.
4. Rounding Whole Numbers.
5. Multiplication, Multiplication of Constants, Accumulation of Products, Sales Reports.
6. Division, Constants in Division, Accumulation of Quotients.
7. Reading, Rounding, Adding and Subtracting Decimal Numbers.
8. Multiplication and Division of Decimal Numbers, Conversion of Measurements.
9. Fractions, Word Problems.
10. Working with Percents, Sales Tax; Sales, Ordering, and Shipping Forms.
II. BUSINESS APPLICATIONS.
11. Simple Interest.
12. Solving Equations; Area, Perimeter, Circumference, and Volume; Constructing Equations.
13. Percent of Increase/Decrease.
14. Understanding Data; Mean, Median, Mode, and Range.
15. Presenting Data, Tables and Charts.
16. Bank Checking Accounts.
17. Employee Payroll, Payroll Forms.
18. Employer Payroll Taxes.
19. Trade Discounts.
20. Cash Discounts, Invoices with Terms.
21. Markup Based on Cost, Markup Based on Selling Price.
III. BUSINESS MATHEMATICS FOR ACCOUNTING.
24. Ratios and Proportions.
25. Merchandise Inventory, Raw Materials Inventory and Cost of Goods Sold.
26. Overhead Expense.
27. Financial Statements, Analysis, and Ratios.
IV. FINANCIAL MATHEMATICS FORBUSINESS.
28. Compound Interest.
29. Consumer Credit, Installment Purchases, and Interest Refunds.
30. Consumer Credit continued, Revolving Charge Accounts, APR.
31. Life Insurance, Fire and Property Insurance, Auto Insurance.
32. More Sales Tax, Property Tax, and Corporate Income Tax.
33. Stocks and Bonds.
APPENDIX A: Touch Key User’s Guide.
APPENDIX B: Answers to Selected Problems.