Gain the edge with SDN, NFV, network virtualization, and networking on cloudsAbout This Book
- Navigate through the complexities of delivering modern networking services with practical techniques and solutions
- Build robust software defined networks and solve real-world problems involving challenges with next generation networks
- Discover the best practices used by top industry professionals for network-related architecture, services, and applications and secure your networks
This book is for Network Engineers and Network Administrators who are taking their first steps when deploying software-defined networks. Network Architects will also find this book useful when designing and building modern networks.What You Will Learn
- Understand Traditional Network Challenges to match modern applications requirements
- Find out all about Next Generation Networks (NGN)
- Explore the different APIs used to control NGN devices
- Understand the different software controllers available to manage NGN hardware
- Design a next generation network
As IT infrastructures become more software-defined, networking operations tend to be more automated with falling levels of manual configuration at the hardware level. Building Modern Networks will brush up your knowledge on the modern networking concepts and help you apply them to your software-defined infrastructure.
In this book you'll gain the knowledge necessary to evaluate, choose, and deploy a next generation network design. We will cover open and closed network operating systems (NOS) along with the protocols used to control them such as OpenFlow, Thrift, Opflex, and REST. You will also learn about traffic engineering and security concepts for NGNs. You will also find out how to fine-tune your network using QoS and QoE.
By the end of the book, you'll be well versed in simplifying the way you design, build, operate, and troubleshoot your network.Style and Approach
This practical tutorial shows you real-world solutions to design and build network services through cutting edge research.
|Product dimensions:||7.50(w) x 9.25(h) x 0.68(d)|
About the Author
Steven Noble has been working on computer networks for over 25 years. He has designed, built, and installed networks for companies such as Foundation Health and Exodus Communications. Steven has spent significant time in the open source community and is the President of the Board of the Network Device Education Foundation (NetDEF) focusing on Quagga, an open source routing stack and network testing. Steven has held roles from network engineer to CTO and is currently working at Big Switch Networks as an Open Networking Evangelist.