A diverse workforce is a business imperative. Without it, companies are made up of employees who come from the same background and have the same skills and, therefore, the same blind spots. A diverse workforce brings together different strengths, a variety of experiences, a huge breadth of knowledge and a wealth ofcreative problem-solving techniques. However, in order to leverage the benefits of this diverse workforce, businesses must be inclusive. Inclusion ensures that employees feel supported, are treated fairly and are therefore happier, more engaged and more productive. Building an Inclusive Organization is a practical guide to creating an environment of real inclusion. It explains how to remove unconscious bias from company processes including recruitment and selection, how to make the case for diversity and inclusion to all stakeholders and how to embed inclusion into an organization's culture and overall business strategy.
Packed with case studies from organizations including KPMG, Uber, Salesforce, Harvard University and the UK National Health Service (NHS), Building an Inclusive Organization shows how to implement robust processes and policies to foster diversity and inclusion in organizations of any size, and in all sectors, including the creative industry, finance, tech, and academia and foundations. Guidance and advice is also provided on how to use 'nudges' to change behaviours and overcome bias, how to achieve transparency and accountability, and how to measure, review and evaluate inclusion.
|Publisher:||Kogan Page, Ltd|
|Product dimensions:||6.18(w) x 9.21(h) x 0.63(d)|
About the Author
Stephen Frost is the CEO and Founder of Frost Included, and works with clients worldwide to embed inclusion into their decision making. He teaches at various business schools and was formerly Head of Diversity and Inclusion for the London Organizing Committee of the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games. He is also the author of The Inclusion Imperative and co-author of Inclusive Talent Management (both published by Kogan Page).
Raafi-Karim Alidina is a consultant at Frost Included, where he draws on his background and research in behavioural insights to design and implement interventions to improve equality, diversity, and create inclusive cultures in organizations.
Table of Contents
- Section - ONE: Understand;
- Chapter - 01: Diversity is a reality, inclusion is a choice;
- Chapter - 02: Organizations to the rescue;
- Chapter - 03: It starts with you;
- Chapter - 04: Defining the challenge;
- Chapter - 05: Embracing and challenging bias;
- Section - TWO: Lead;
- Chapter - 06: Getting buy-in;
- Chapter - 07: Designing a plan that will work;
- Chapter - 08: How to make it stick;
- Section - THREE: Deliver;
- Chapter - 09: Curating creativity – how to build an inclusive organization in the creative sector;
- Chapter - 10: Safeguarding norms, challenging norms – how to create change in finance;
- Chapter - 11: Responsibility, re-invention and revolution – building inclusion in the tech sector;
- Chapter - 12: Creating knowledge inclusively – building an inclusive organi-zation in academia and foundations;
- Chapter - 13: To all organizations – make inclusion part of your purpose