The proven natural way to a healthier, slimmer life!
Americans have never been more health- and diet-conscious, yet the percentage of overweight Americans is greater than ever before. Could the fat-free diet often promoted for weight loss and health actually be causing sugar cravings, weight gain, fatigue, and other serious problems?
Based on a revolutionary dietary model using healthful essential fats and lower carbohydrate intake, Beyond Pritikin is a complete lifestyle regimen for health, weight loss, and longevity. In this updated program, informed by the latest scientific research, Ann Louise Gittleman, former director of nutrition at the Pritikin Longevity Center, tells you how to lower cholesterol, revitalize your immune system, control weight, and slow the aging process—the major health concerns of our time.
Beyond Pritikin includes:
• The compete guide to the essential fats: how they work, and what foods and dietary supplements contain them
• How carbohydrates, when not balanced in the diet by sufficient protein and fat, stimulate insulin production—which promotes the storage of body fat
• Fat-burning nutrients—natural substances that boost the body’s ability to burn fat
• The original two-week “fat flush” to help detoxify your body and jump-start weight loss
• A 21-day eating program for natural weight loss—including balanced meal plans and delicious recipes to satisfy every taste
• Advice on how to purchase, store, and prepare foods on the Beyond Pritikin Diet Plan
• Plus vital information on the benefits of foods once considered “bad,” the dangers of some “heart-healthy” foods, and much more!
|Publisher:||Random House Publishing Group|
|Product dimensions:||4.12(w) x 6.80(h) x 0.61(d)|
About the Author
Ann Louise Gittleman, PhD, CNS, is the award-winning author of the New York Times bestseller The Fat Flush Plan and a weight-loss expert with more than two decades of experience in public health and private practice. She holds a PhD in holistic nutrition, is a certified nutrition specialist, and has a master’s degree in nutrition education, and a naturopathic degree in drugless healing. With more than 3.5 million copies of her books in print, Ann Louise has counseled men and women from all walks of life and has appeared regularly on nationally syndicated radio and TV news shows, including Good Morning America, MSNBC, Fox News, The View, and Dr. Phil. She lives and works in Liberty Lake, Washington.
Read an Excerpt
Excerpted from "Beyond Pritikin"
Copyright © 1996 Ann Louise Gittleman.
Excerpted by permission of Random House Publishing Group.
All rights reserved. No part of this excerpt may be reproduced or reprinted without permission in writing from the publisher.
Excerpts are provided by Dial-A-Book Inc. solely for the personal use of visitors to this web site.