- Sonata for violin & piano No. 5 in F major ("Spring") Op. 24: Adagio molto expressivo
- Sonata for violin & piano No. 10 in G major ("The Cockcrow") Op. 96: Adagio expressivo
- Sonata for violin & piano No. 2 in A major, Op. 12/2: Andante più tosto allegretto
- String Quartet No. 16 in F major, Op. 135: Lento assai, cantante e tranquillo
- Sonata for violin & piano No. 7 in C minor ("Eroica") Op. 30/2: Adagio cantabile
- Sonata for violin & piano No. 8 in G major, Op. 30/3: Tempo di minuetto, ma molto moderato e grazioso
- Sonata for violin & piano No. 3 in E flat major, Op. 12/3: Adagio con molt' espressione
- String Quartet No. 6 in B flat major, Op. 18/6: Adagio ma non troppo
- Piano Trio in B flat major ("Archduke"), Op. 97: Andante cantabile, ma però con moto - Poco più ada
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Beethoven for Book Lovers: An Intimate Companion for Reading based on 0 ratings. 4 reviews.
“Beethoven For Book Lovers” contains nine tracks of good background music from the classical genre. The title does fit with this cd because this cd can be used for either writing or reading. “Beethoven For Book Lovers” is best for those who like short classical music collections.
I'm a huge fan of classical music in general but finding something soothing and ethereal that can hum in the background as I practice my favorite hobby is priceless. I can sit for hours and read but most of the time I don't like any noise whatsoever unless it's melancholy raindrops bursting on my window or very soft and quiet radio. WQXR (classical station) being my favorite as it's even my station of choice on my alarm clock is nice but I find the talking and commercials and occasional circus music distracting during reading, hence this soft, bookstore like music, prefect even if little short. Sometimes I run this twice before I can tear myself away form a good book. I guess I'm saying its short because I can literally read all day, most normal people probably get an hour or so in, but not me, good thing that the series has more than one album dedicated to the love of books.
Beethoven in general is probably perceived as heavy, opulent and stormy. I adore his compositions but was pleasantly surprised that this album had the perfect mix of his light tunes. Minutes, adagios and sonatas, pieces mostly filed with violin and piano and some throbbing cello dominate the scene with tenderness and whispers of melodies that beckon me to read more than I have time for, this is truly the perfect companion to any book. This isn't only for reading; obviously this music is a wonderful quiet background for any day that I feel like relaxing and on days I feel like blasting loud rock I do so with relish and don't feel that I only have to like one type of music.
This album goes great with macaroni and cheese, I'm eating some as I type and while it's very mellow for dinner, it still makes me feel relaxed, happy and content - perfect with comfort food, ha ha. I've been a fan of the whole series of "Music for..." albums since I was a teenager and you can find tunes for any occasion, mood or activity. I keep coming back to this music and it always fits perfectly with anything I'm doing or even better, when I'm doing absolutely nothing...
- Kasia S.
This Beethoven album is simply beautiful. It's a good companion for reading. The music sucks you into the abyss of beauty, earth, wind, and silence. It's one of the best Beethoven albums from this collection that I have ever heard!
Great music for relaxing and reading a book!!