Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
Create a first-rate resume that will get you hired in IT
Stand out in a crowd of IT job applicants by creating and submitting a winning resume and cover letter with help from this practical guide. Fully revised and updated for the latest trends, technologies, and in-demand jobs, Ace the IT Resume, Second Edition reveals how to best showcase your IT skills and experience. You'll get tips for adapting your resume for different formats, using the right keywords, and getting your resume in the hands of the hiring manager. With an encyclopedia of sample resumes, job descriptions, and resume strategies, this is your must-have guide to landing a great IT job.
- Present your skills, experience, and education in the most effective format
- Optimize your online resume
- Customize your resume based on the job you're seeking
- Write compelling and relevant cover letters
- Avoid common pitfalls and analyze your resume for errors
- Discover ways to quickly get hands-on experience
- Network with IT professionals to make connections
About the Author
Paula Moreira is the global IT training manager at a large financial services organization. She and her team support an IT team of 2,000. Paula began her career as a techie and has spent the last 15 years working in IT education and career development.
Table of Contents
Part I: Creating a Winning IT Resume
Part 2: Resume Encyclopedia
Chapter 11: Resume Encyclopedia