Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
Proven strategies for getting hired as an IT professional
This practical guide for developing winning interviewing skills has been fully updated and revised to focus on today's most sought-after IT jobs. Go behind the scenes of the IT interview process and get inside the mind of potential employers. You'll find out how to make a great first impression and stand out from the competition. Ace the IT Interview features hundreds of questions that are likely to come up on your next technical interview along with key points to include in your answers so you can practice your responses based on your strengths and experience. Present yourself as a truly valuable IT professional and get a great job with help from this real-world guide.
- Understand the hiring manager's perspective
- Create a first-rate resume that highlights your skills
- Get past gatekeepers and get the interviews you want
- Make a great first impression and stand out in the crowd
- Master sticky questions about your work history
- Prepare for different types of interview settings, including telephone and video-conference interviews
- Ask intelligent, relevant questions
- Ace the interview follow-up
- Evaluate your offers, negotiate salary, and close the deal
About the Author
Paula Moreira is the global IT training manager at a large financial services organization. She and her team support an IT team of 2,000. Paula began her career as a techie and has spent the last 15 years working in IT education and career development.
Table of Contents
Part I: What You Need to Know About Getting Hired
Chapter 1. What Really Happens in the Interview Process
Part II: What to Do Before the Interview
Chapter 2. Acing the IT Resume
Chapter 3. Getting the Interview
Chapter 4. Standing Out in the Crowd
Chapter 5. Making a Great First Impression
Part III: The Interview
Chapter 6. The Questions Everyone Asksand Answers That May Surprise You
Chapter 7. Mastering the Sticky Questions
Chapter 8. Special IT Interviewing Scenarios
Chapter 9. "Do You Have Any Questions"
Part IV: Closing the Deal
Chapter 10. Staying on Top
Chapter 11. Evaluating Offers
Part V: Interview Encyclopedia
Chapter 12. Getting Past the Technical Interview
Most Helpful Customer Reviews