100 Facts Kings and Queens for kids is bursting with exactly 100 fantastic facts, incredible images and fun activities to help children learn everything they need to know about the British monarchy.
100 Facts Kings and Queens for kids covers key topics about the reigns of British kings and queens through the ages in easily-digestible, numbered facts. Every page features amazing illustrations and photographs that clarify difficult points for children.
Essential topics covered in 100 Facts Kings and Queens:
• All monarchy to rule Great Britain from Queen Boudicca to Queen Elizabeth II
• Allegiances and enemies in Europe
• The daily lives of ordinary people and those serving at court
Examples of 'I don't believe it' fascinating facts:
• James I of Scotland was murdered in a sewer. He was escaping enemies through a drainpipe but became stuck because he was too fat!
• Almost 300 people died for their faith during Mary Tudor's reign and she became known as Bloody Mary.
• Due to his size, George IV earned his nickname 'Prince of Whales' when he was Prince Regent.
Activities to make learning accessible and interactive include:
• Design a royal crown using gold or silver card, scraps of coloured paper and a tape measure
• Royal quiz question: Which king signed the Magna Carta?
• Make an English or a Scottish flag using an old sheet and fabric paint. Attach to bamboo canes to wave your flag around
Author: Fiona Macdonald
Consultant: Philip Steele
Dimensions: 9 X 12
Format: Paperback with holographic foil